The Instructor: Clayton Cranford
What apps are on your child’s phone? What social media are they using? What age should a child have a smartphone? Digital technology is an excellent tool to make and enhance social relationships, however, it can also expose our children to risk.
This class will discuss:
• The current impact of bullying in schools
• Current apps kids are using and what you need to know about them
• Risks associated with popular social media sites
• “Sexting” and online predators
• How to set expectations and consequences
• How to monitor online activity and find secret Instagram accounts
• How to talk to your child about pornography
• Parental controls and privacy settings
FOR PARENTS ONLY. NO CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED IN THE PRESENTATION
Clayton Cranford is an active-duty Sergeant in a Southern California law enforcement agency and owner of Total Safety Solutions LLC. Clayton is one of the nation’s leading law enforcement educators on social media, child safety, and behavioral threat assessments. He is the author of the definitive parent guide to online safety, “Parenting in the Digital World.”
Clay Cranford’s book, Parenting in the Digital World, will be available for sale at the event. $20.00 (cash or credit card).