Parenting in the Digital World answers parents’ most important questions about making their children safe online. It will show you how to talk to your child about sexting, predators, bullying, and pornography. How to turn on all the parental controls to the latest operating systems, game consoles, and popular apps: Windows 10, macOS, Chromebook, Apple mobile iOS, Android mobile OS, Xbox, Playstation 4 and 5, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, and more. How to block unsafe websites on every device your child has access to.
Parenting in the Digital World is written by Clayton Cranford, the nation’s leading law enforcement educator on social media and online safety for children and recipient of the National Bullying Prevention Award.
This easy step-by-step guide will show parents how to create a safe environment on the Internet, social networking apps, and on their children’s favorite game consoles. Parenting in the Digital World will include:
- When and how you should give your child their first phone and then their first social media account.
- Step-by-step instructions for enabling all of the hidden settings in your computers, mobile devices, and game consoles to make them safe and secure.
- Safety settings on the latest operating systems and game consoles: Windows 10, macOS, Chromebook, Apple mobile iOS, Android mobile OS, Xbox, and Playstation 4 and 5.
- Latest and most popular apps for teens rated: What they do, their problems, and if they are safe for children.
- How to successfully limit “screen time” on your child’s device.
- How to start a conversation about the appropriate use of mobile devices and the Internet.
- How to talk to your child about sexting, predators, bullying, and pornography.
- A copy of the Cyber Safety Cop’s Internet and Mobile Device Usage Contract.
- Steps to successfully dealing with a cyberbullying incident.
“This book answers the number one question parents of digital kids have today, “How Can I Keep My Child Safe Online?” Parenting in a Digital World is an indispensable guide that should live on the nightstand of every parent raising kids today.”
– Diana Graber, Co-Founder, Cyberwise.org and Founder, CyberCivics.com