RSVP below to receive updates on this event. Due to changing COVID requirements, events could be canceled or rescheduled with little notice.
What apps are on your child’s phone? What social media are they using? What age should a child have a smartphone? Digital technology is an excellent tool to make and enhance social relationships, however, it can also expose our children to risk.
This class will discuss:
• The current impact of bullying in schools
• Current apps kids are using and what you need to know about them
• Risks associated with popular social media sites
• “Sexting” and online predators
• How to set expectations and consequences
• How to monitor online activity and find secret Instagram accounts
• How to talk to your child about pornography
• Parental controls, how to filter the Internet, and privacy settings
FOR PARENTS ONLY. NO CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED IN THE PRESENTATION
Clayton Cranford is a law enforcement professional and one of the nation’s leading educators on social media and behavioral threat assessments. He is the author of Parenting in the Digital World and the winner of the National Bullying Prevention Award.
Clay Cranford’s book, Parenting in the Digital World, will be available for sale at the event. $20.00 (cash or credit card).