The Instructor: Mat Aragon
What apps are on your child’s phone? What social media are they using? What age should a child have a smartphone? Digital technology is an excellent tool to make and enhance social relationships, however, it can also expose our children to risk.
This class will cover:
• The current impact of bullying in schools
• Current apps kids are using and what you need to know about them
• Risks associated with popular social media sites
• “Sexting” and online predators
• How to set expectations and consequences
• How to monitor online activity and find secret Instagram accounts
• How to talk to your child about pornography
• Parental controls and privacy settings
FOR PARENTS ONLY. NO CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED IN THE PRESENTATION
Mat Aragon began his law enforcement career in 2008 for an Orange County law enforcement agency. During Mat’s career, he has had multiple assignments including School Resource Officer, Violent Intruder Response Trainer, and teaches students with disabilities. Mat has been presenting for more than seven years in the areas of campus safety, social media, and online safety.
Clay Cranford’s book, Parenting in the Digital World, will be available for sale at the event. $20.00 (cash or credit card).