Parenting in the Digital World, presented by Officer Mat Aragon, is a 90-minute, engaging, and eye-opening presentation about what is really going on in our children’s digital world.
This class will discuss:
• The current impact of bullying in schools
• Current apps kids are using and what you need to know about them
• Risks associated with popular social media sites
• “Sexting” and online predators
• How to set expectations and consequences
• How to monitor online activity and find secret Instagram accounts
• How to talk to your child about pornography
• Parental controls, how to filter the Internet, and privacy settings
FOR PARENTS ONLY. NO CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED IN THE PRESENTATION
Mat Aragon is a School Resource Officer in an Orange County law enforcement agency. During Mat’s career, he has had multiple assignments, Violent Intruder Response Trainer, and teaches students with disabilities. Mat has been presenting to school groups, community groups, and police/fire agencies for more than seven years in the areas of campus safety, social media and online safety, drug awareness, bullying, and critical decision-making skills.
Parenting in the Digital World will be available for sale at the event. $20.00 (cash, credit card, or Venmo).