The Instructor: Carlos Sanchez
What apps are on your child’s phone? What social media are they using? What age should a child have a smartphone? Digital technology is an excellent tool to make and enhance social relationships, however, it can also expose our children to risk.
This class will discuss:
• The current impact of bullying in schools
• Current apps kids are using and what you need to know about them
• How to manage screen time.
• “Sexting” and online predators
• How to set expectations and consequences
• How to monitor online activity and find secret Instagram accounts
• How to talk to your child about pornography
• Parental controls and privacy settings
FOR PARENTS ONLY. NO CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED IN THE PRESENTATION
Carlos Sanchez is a Special Victims Unit detective for a Southern California law enforcement agency. Carlos has served as a School Resource Officer has been presenting to law enforcement and community partners for more than five years in the areas of drug awareness, school safety, bullying, gangs, and social media. Carlos Sanchez is a native Spanish speaker, born in Acapulco, Mexico. In addition to teaching all the Cyber Safety Cop presentations, he also teaches them in Spanish.
Clay Cranford’s book, Parenting in the Digital World, will be available for sale at the event. $20.00 (cash or credit card).