The Instructor: Michael Woodroof
What apps are on your child’s phone? What social media are they using? What age should a child have a smartphone? Digital technology is an excellent tool to make and enhance social relationships, however, it can also expose our children to risk.
This class will discuss:
• The current impact of bullying in schools
• Current apps kids are using and what you need to know about them
• Risks associated with popular social media sites
• “Sexting” and online predators
• How to set expectations and consequences
• How to monitor online activity and find secret Instagram accounts
• How to talk to your child about pornography
• Parental controls and privacy settings
FOR PARENTS ONLY. NO CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED IN THE PRESENTATION
Michael Woodroof began his law enforcement career in 2003 as a Deputy Sheriff for the Orange County Sheriff’s Department. He has served as a School Resource Officer, Community Drug Education Instructor, GRIP (Gang Reduction Intervention Partnership) Deputy, school threat assessment team member, and as a Sergeant in the Custody Operations Command.
Clay Cranford’s book, Parenting in the Digital World, will be available for sale at the event. $20.00 (cash or credit card).