Hosted by: Holy Trinity School
STC Certified, 10451-084951
In this 8-hour course, you will learn a threat assessment-intervention model that can be used by law enforcement officers, educators, mental health professionals, and others involved in school or public safety. It outlines a methodical procedure for evaluating a threat, a person making the threat, with the aim of reaching an informed judgment on how to manage the subject of concern.
The basic threat assessment course includes:
- Threat typology
- Understanding the motivation behind threats
- Multi-pronged assessment model
- Identifying behavior and personality traits that can lead to violent behavior
- The multi-disciplinary team approach
- Intervention process and threat management
- Role of law enforcement
- Case study review
- Role-play and tabletop scenarios
- Attendees will receive a complete threat assessment guide and worksheets.
The procedure presented in this course can help schools and law enforcement assess a threat and the threatener, evaluate the risk and respond appropriately and effectively. Case studies and tabletop group work will make you confident threat assessor even if you have never completed a threat assessment before.